Thursday, October 28, 2010 -- 04:56:18 PM
- What have I been doing this entire time? I'll tell you: raising a daughter, and learning to draw Celtic knots. That's right.
Monday, December 14, 2009 -- 11:28:42 AM
- Okay, strip's up. Little later than I'd like, but what the hey. Wednesday should be back to normal (even though it's gonna be... diff'rent).
Monday, December 14, 2009 -- 03:09:42 AM
- There is a strip coming for today... but later. I let the weekend get away with me (had to take the bantling to meet Sinter Klas for the first time), and my telecommuting job is demanding my Monday morning. Fortunately, I'm on a 5 hour time difference from the States, so most of you won't even notice the strip's tardiness. (But the Gopher will notice. Ever watching, ever judging...)
Sunday, December 06, 2009 -- 04:45:50 PM
- Happy St Nicholas Day! Now where's my Sammichlaus beer?
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 -- 07:32:30 AM
- The nice thing about being overseas is I get both the local and the American holidays off. This month it's one for killing a sheep, the other for killing a turkey. Mangia!
Friday, November 20, 2009 -- 05:03:14 PM
- The guest artist week has wrapped up -- everybody say, "Thank you, Gopher!" No, really, he's the guy who keeps this site up and running. While I'm traveling internationally, for example. New strips from the usual artist, yours truly, will start up this Monday and hopefully carry on for a nice long while. How long? Well, I've got scripts plotted out through March, and a half-time telecommuting job, so I'm optimistic.
Expect to see some radical changes in site design, too. As part of our combined "let's do this thing" campaign, the Gopher and I will be experimenting with restructuring the presentation, interface, size of the comic... basically trying to bring Alas (and clashingblack.com) in line with what's possible in webcomicry these days. W00t!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 -- 11:16:07 AM
- Dear St. Nicholas: If you could fit a large Intuos tablet in my shoe this December, I would be extremely grateful.
Monday, November 16, 2009 -- 02:22:12 PM
- While the Gopher continues to delight us with his interpretation of Alas and company, I've successfully begun grinding away on a buffer of strips. I've also learned that in Casablanca you can get baguettes for under a quarter (US). That's dinner, right there.
Friday, November 13, 2009 -- 07:10:48 AM
- The artist has landed in Casablanca, and is doing quite well. Supposedly the DSL already exists in my apartment-- I just have to install the box and learn enough French to log in (this is being posted from a friend's place). I'm working on a few new strips, but you'll be in the Gopher's capable hands for another week while I sort things out.
Saturday, November 07, 2009 -- 09:25:58 PM
- Oh lookie! We have an RSS button now on the front page. Woo.
Copyright Ian Ton 2000-2017. All rights reserved. Blah blah blah.